Monday, August 25, 2014

I LOVE my Mission

Hello everyone :) Im so happy Boston got baptized!! Thanks for the pictures :) He is getting so big I cant believe it! So this week was pretty good.. We got to teach Brother Presley the black guy that we tracted into. He is so awesome!! We took a member with us and they knew each other! Then Brother Presley was telling us that he knew some Mormons and come to find out it was the bishop of the Knox 1st ward that meets at my building.. Then the member told him that Bishop McKellars son Sterling is leaving for his mission and he is going to give a farewell talk this sunday so Brother Presley and his whole family are going to come to support his son Sterling :) Im so excited for them to come to church!! Pray for him :) We did a lot of finding this week and we ran into a guy named Adam and he told us we could come back so we went back 2 days ago and I was holding a BOM like I always do and he came out and said what did you bring me? And I said this is a BOM haha then he said "how is your church different from all the other churches here?" So we were able to teach the restoration and BOM and he was like that's awesome can I have that book? haha Hopefully we will see some success with him :) were also teaching a lady named Mindy. Her husband is a member but speaks Spanish and doesn't speak any English... he was baptized about 20 years ago but we cant find his records. She has been having a lot of questions epically about polygamy. On Thursday we were there and we hadn't even started the lesson and she said " Why is the BOM so important? Why do you talk about it so much?" I was so happy that she asked that so I could tell her all about it!! We gave her one and asked her to read it and pray about it and then we invited her to be baptized and she said "if I know this book is true then I will definitely be baptized" :) We taught Maddie last night and moved her date to Sept 6 :) She is so excited to be baptized! Pray that everything will work out for her :) awkward story for the week... We had to go to this dance studio to contact one of our investigators and while we were waiting there I just wanted to dance so bad!! Well this was a dance studio for like ballroom dancing... We were sitting there and this older couple came in to dance and the lady was probably like 65 and she was like do you wanna learn? I said no and she insisted that I dance with her..... She grabbed my hand and pulled me out to the dance floor...and started teaching me the Waltz...I couldn't figure out how to get myself out of the situation! haha It was so awkward!! But it made for a funny story :) Hope you all have a good week! :) Love Sister Leifson

No comments:

Post a Comment