Thursday, August 21, 2014

Hello Everyone

This week has been pretty good! We had zone Conference this week, It was our first one with President Griffin. I love him so much! He reminds me a lot of Brother Dickerson so that's why I like him so much :) We learned a lot of great things from him. He had really high expectations for this mission so im excited to be serving with him. I have been able to spend a lot of time with him because my companion has been having some problems so we spend a lot of time with him trying to help her. We met a new investigator this week. His name is Brother Presley. He is a black guy that was mowing his lawn and we were lost and I just had a feeling to go talk to him, We went to our appt that was across the street then went and talked to him. at first he just wanted to talk about politics and told us that the world wont be around for 5 more years haha but he doesn't have a church that he goes to because he is sick of pastors spending his tithing money... But he has such strong faith! He said he knows a lot of Mormons and he wants up to come back and teach him. He has a wife and 3 kids. He told us he had a problem with drugs and alcohol but has been clean for 20 years! He is the nicest guy ever! I love him and im so excited to teach him on Wednesday :) So last week I told you about Maddie that we are teaching, We found out this week that her mom was excommunicated, so she will be a convert baptism. She wants to get baptized on Sept 13 but she is ready right now so were going to try to get her to move it up :) I got to go to Sister Plass' funeral on Saturday. It was so neat to be there. Im so grateful I was able to meet her and I cant wait to see her again after this life! So something really special happened yesterday at church... we were waiting at the door and in walked a Less Active from my ward in Pellissippi and she was with her 2 sons that are investigating the church. I worked a lot with her a lot in my last area and she recently went to that ward for the first time in a long time. She came to West Hills ward to see me and she stayed the whole 3 hours! In Sacrament someone from the stake presidency talked about rescuing those who are lost or off the path and she was just crying and told me that I am the one that helped her become active again. It was so neat! She felt like the talk was exactly what she needed to hear. I love this Sister so much.. I am so grateful I was able to meet her and influence her in a small way. I love being a missionary :) its the best thing ever!! I have met so many amazing people here and I have learned so much. I hope you all have a great week! Love Sister Leifson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment