Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A great Week

Hey Everyone! This week was really good. So last Monday we went and saw a less active, her name is Sister Phillips and she is in her late 70s. she was telling us how she washes her hair in the kitchen sink and how hard it is and how much it hurts her back. So I told her that my mom does hair so I could help her wash it and she was so happy so I helped her wash her hair in the kitchen sink! haha She was so happy! She asked me if I could come over once a week and help her with her hair :) She is so cute I love her so much! Never thought I would wash an old ladys hair on my mission! But I was happy to serve her :) This week we had to go to the mission home for some stuff so Sister Griffin (mission presidents wife) took us out to lunch! it was so much fun :) So here in Tennessee football is super big so for labor day and football season starting they have this big celebration called Booms Day! Its in Downtown Knoxville and there is a lake with a huge bridge over it. A couple of the missionaries in the area got permission to go and there was about 50,000 people there. There was like booths and games and stuff then at night they had a huge firework show off the Henley Street bridge! It was so much fun :) we were able to talk to a lot of people and we met lots of members from other states. I was so glad we got to go! Yesterday our ward had a big Labor day BBQ at the park. We spent a couple hours there it was really fun. West Hills is a great ward! We are having a baptism on Saturday for Maddie :) She is so excited! The work is going really good. We are just working on finding new investigators! My mission has taught me so much and has helped me grow more than I ever thought possible! My testimony of this gospel has grown so much! Its really hard when people put down your beliefs and tell you that your wrong, but I have been able to be strong enough in my testimony that those things don't weaken my testimony or my knowledge of this gospel. I love seeing peoples lives change because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Its amazing to see how far people can come with His help. We are never too far off the path to receive the blessing that the Atonement has to offer. Im so grateful for my mission and or all it has taught me! I hope you all have a great week! :) Love Sister Leifson :

No comments:

Post a Comment