Thursday, July 17, 2014

hello everyone

This week was pretty good! we had an open house thing for the bishop storehouse/ home storage center and it was for anyone in the community so we passed out flyers to like everyone and there was such a good turn out! So David is on the radio and he announced this open house for us on his station and he is high up in like media and stuff with politics and hes really good friends with the Knoxville County mayor and he got the mayor to come to it :) Then the mayor got up and talked really highly of David and our church and told him how he was proud of his decision to be baptized into the Mormon church! (the mayor isn't a member) It was so cool :) David is going to bring so many other people into the church! He is so awesome! Bethany was sick this week so we saw them at his confirmation then we didn't see them again until that Saturday and when he saw us at the open house he gave me a big hug and said I never want to go that long without seeing a member of the church ever again! hahaha it was so cute :) That's about all for this week I guess, our transfers are on July 30. That's when Sister Fox will go home :( President pretty much said that me and Sister Gotchy will train a new missionary then sister gotchy leaves the September 11 transfer and I will keep training and stay with her until the October transfer :) or at least that's how I hope it works out :) I want to stay in Pellissippi forever :) We have a husband and a wife that we are working with and they are really hard headed about joining the church. They are in their 60's They have friends in our ward that are members and they have been trying to get them to come to church for years! Missionaries have been teaching them for over a year but they will never keep commitments or come to church... but they have been twice in the last month!!! :) I was so happy to see them there! Were making progress with them, slowly but surely :) I love being a missionary!! My testimony has grown so much and i have learned so much about myself and about how to love others. Im so grateful im here!! I hope you all have a great week!
Love Sister Leifson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment