Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hello Everyone From Tennessee

This week was much better than the last.. im finally settled in and kind of know what Im doing now! So im in the Pellissippi ward and my ward is so amazing! This week they had a spaghetti dinner and auction thing to raise money for girls camp and it was so much fun! There is a lot of less actives in our ward so we spend most of our time working with them! There is a couple in my ward and they are like late 20's. They got pregnant and found out it was twins and were super shocked then a year later they found out they were pregnant again and it was triplets!!! And all boys! hahah they are so cute!! :) We don't have very many investigators right now... We do have a part member family that we are working with tho. The wife is a member but less active and the fiancé is not a member and they have 2 kids that are 9 and 11 that could be baptized. We did service for them this week and they came to church for the first time :) we were so happy! We did a lot of service this week. We have another investigator who is 102 years old!! And he still lives alone and has a full on garden that he takes care of.. he is so cute! I hope he gets baptized! This area is hard because like I said everyone has a set religion already so the main thing we struggle with is finding people to teach. yesterday we started working after church and knocked on 13 doors of people we had appointments with and not one answered!! it was awful! But its alright its all about the Lords timing :) I had a testimony when I was in the Philippines but I have really seen my testimony grow since I have been here. When your learning a new language your limited to what you know how to say but now that im speaking English I can say what Is really in my heart. I have been able to share experiences about my brothers and about dad dying and it has been so much easier to connect with people. Im so grateful im speaking English now! I want you all to know that I know Christ lives and he loves each one of us. I know that because of Joseph Smith we have Christ's true church back on the earth again. I know that the Book of Mormon is the work of God and we will get closer to God by reading it and abiding by its precepts than by any other book. Im so grateful for the gospel in my life and the opportunity I have to be here in Knoxville Tennessee to help others realize the need for the gospel in their lives as well!
My commitment for all of you this week is to share a conference talk with someone who needs to hear it. You can share a link on Facebook or email one to someone or print one off and give it to them. I can promise that as we all work together in missionary work we can help bring back those who have gone astray. Thanks for all the love and support!! Have a good week :)
Love Sister Leifson
 
P.S. is our last name Iclandic?? (I don't know how to spell that) Literally I have never been asked that once in my whole life till I got here and every single person asks me where its from!! Like literally EVERY person! hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment