Monday, April 21, 2014

1st week in Tennessee

Hello Everyone!
Well I made it here safely! President Irion was a little late picking me up from the airport haha so I was a little bit worried and had no idea where to go, but he found me! They drove me to the Mission home and I talked to all the Sr couples. There is one couple that served in the Philippines so he was SOO excited to talk to me! I taught him some Hiligaynon and he taught me some Tagolog :) They are so nice!! President Irion took me to my apartment and seriously It is HUGE!!! Its a full on house and has like 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms! I guess you could say its a little nicer than the Philippines ;) I live in a town called Farragut and its right by the mission home and mission office so we get to go there a lot! its nice! I am going to be in a trio for two more weeks till transfers.. Im with sister Brown and Sister Sellers. Sis Brown is from Texas and she has been out for 10 months and Sis Sellers is from Utah and she has been out for 14 months :) at transfers one of them will move and I will stay with the other! We also live with 2 other sisters. so the night I got here we had a dinner apt with our ward mission leader and he took us to this nice BBQ place! The bill was like $75.. But I wasn't feeling good because I threw up in the bathroom on the plane on my way to TN so i was still sick and then i threw up at my first investigators house... awkward i know! but i was in the bathroom and no one even knew :) I went home went to bed and felt much better! This first week has been completely different than i imagined... The people would be really nice here if i wasn't wearing a nametag for the LDS church... People here are ALL Baptist and are not about to change their religion.. We teach maybe like 3 lessons a day. They took me tracting for the first time since i never did that in the Philippines and it was HORRIBLE!! Literally every person slammed the door in our faces or told us they didn't like Mormons and didn't want to join our church! But that's okay! We do a lot of work with Less Actives. My ward is soo nice :) We have had a dinner apt every single day.. im so not used to that yet hahah but im sure it wont take long! Im so glad im here! Tennessee is BEAUTIFUL :) Its so green! the weather is great.. its just warm everyday! I love it here! Well that's about all for my week. I made it safe and im doing great! I hope everyone had a great Easter and i hope you all have a good week!
Love you all :)
Love Sister Leifson
My new address is:
Sister Linzi Leifson
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Dr. Ste 101
Farragut, TN 37934
*Send everything thru u.s post office, if you send it fed ex i wont get it till transfers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment