Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hey everyone! My week was great! I have not been homesick at all anymore :) The MTC is so amazing! The language is finally coming along a little better. We had our first investigator Cherry Mae that we taught for a couple days and one day we came to class and found out that she is now our teacher! haha so now she teaches us during class but also pretends to be an investigator and we teach her. We also teach Brother Hong he is our other investigator. Its super stressful planning a whole lesson in a language you just started learning but the spirit is so strong and we have help every time we teach. So there is a missionary here from Samoa and he is super nice but doesn't speak much english and for some reason he has super long nails.. like and inch long haha and he loves them long but everyone makes fun of him for them. So the other day i asked him why he didn't cut them and he said "can you cut them for me?" haha so the next day i brought my fingernail clippers and he let me cut them for him :) it was the funniest thing ever! his companion was so happy he said "finally i wont have cuts all over me now from those nails!" i seriously love it here so much! i wish i could spend half of my mission here and half in the Philippines. We had a Tuesday night devotional on Tuesday and we had Brother Zwick speak form the quorum of the seventy. He told us how much President Monson loves all the missionaries and how much he cares about each one of us. it was an amazing talk! then he told us that next week we will be privileged to hear from... L TOM PARRY!! :) im so excited!! its going to be so neat! This place is just full of amazing people! I will have you know that i haven't even drank all the Dr peppers you sent! and i haven't even missed drinking it! that was a tender mercy from the lord. I absolutely LOVE the food here! i was worried that i wouldnt like it but i love it! :) Also i have been so good and waking up in the mornings but.. my companions only have one complaint about me.. they say i have talked in my sleep every night! hahaha but i love my district so much we have a great time here! Well thats about all for this week! hope to hear from you guys soon! Tell everyone hi and that i miss them :) Love Sister Leifson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment