Monday, February 23, 2015

Transfer Week

This week was really awesome! So there was a HUGE snow storm here and we are in the mountains so it was really bad. Monday night we weren't allowed to go out and we had to stay home. Wednesday we had to drive to Johnson City TN. for our mission conference with D Todd Christofferson. The weather was so bad!! I got permission for the elders to drive my car there because I HATE driving in the snow. Well we had another car of missionaries behind us and we pulled into the church parking lot and there was a little bit of a hill and the ice was super bad and we lost traction and slid into the other car of missionaries. The back of our car just has some damage but no one was hurt. I was so glad I wasn't driving! The mission conference was so good!! Elder Christofferson is so awesome! it was cool to see him in more of a comfortable setting. He also did a fireside for anyone to come to later that night. It was really awesome to be taught by one of the apostles. Ruth is doing so good :) We taught Word of wisdom a few days ago and we knew she drank coffee so we taught it and she said she would stop and when we went back she had a note on the coffee maker that said "YOU DONT NEED ME!" haha she hasn't drank coffee since Wednesday :) And she came to church yesterday!! :) she fits in so well. We needed someone to pick her up so we prayed and felt that this new family the Mclains should fellowship her and they are Recent converts that just moved from Mississippi and they are like best friends now! The Mclains invited us and Ruth over for lunch after church and it was so fun! Ruth loves them :) This ward struggles, but they are all great people! So last week I told you about Juanita.. a couple days ago she texted us and said that LDS just wasn't for her and we were so sad!! but we decided to go and talk to her and to see what happened and so we went on Saturday and she let us in and she just said that she got scared and that she doesn't feel like she fits in in any church. We got talking to her and she had a lot of questions and they were mostly all about the plan of salvation which was what we wanted to teach. She mentioned that she had a cousin who killed himself and everyone told her that he was in hell. Well her cousins wife decided to have a medium person come and she told the wife that he was in a spiritual place and that he was learning and progressing. As we began to teach we explained the spirit world and she just started to cry. She knew that what we were telling her was true, it was such an awesome lesson. George is doing great! He is going to do baptisms with the Lusks on March 28 :) we are so happy for him! He is going to come to SLC temple in a year and he wants us to be there! He is so awesome! So Sister Nelson leaves on Wednesday :( im seriously so sad!! I love her so much, she is by far my favorite companion so far. Im glad I only have to wait a couple months before I see her again :) I will be getting a new comp. President told me that she has only been out 6 months so that will be really weird. We are running out of sisters and there are not enough to train and be in leadership. I might have to train and be an STL my last transfer. Im so grateful for this time I have to be a missionary. I have learned so many things. One thing I have been thinking a lot about lately is how much our Heavenly Father loves us. He is literally our father in heaven and he wants the best for each of his children. He wants us to talk with him thru prayer and ask for his help. He is always there when we need him. We need to turn to him all the time, not just when we need something. im so grateful for my Heavenly Father and all that he helps me with. I hope you all have a good week! Love Sister Leifson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment