Monday, October 27, 2014

Great Week

This week has been so much fun :) So transfers were on Wednesday and I got my new trainee :) On Wednesday morning we went to the church and had a meeting for all the new trainers with president and his assistants. Then we went into the RS room with all the new missionaries and president gave another training then called up each new missionary and introduced them to their trainer! My new comp is Sister Johnson :) She is from Seattle Washington! and guess what... she is 25! haha but she doesn't look like it or act like it! Everyone thinks she is 19 its funny :) She is really sweet! I love her already! We have had a really busy week.. We taught 19 lessons this week and we have 2 investigators with a baptism date :) I took her tracting on her 2nd day here and she was so excited haha and one of the first doors we knocked on a man answered and said "are you Mormons or Jehovas whitnesses? and she said Mormons! and he was like "well im a Christian and your not... so ya... you guys have a different Jesus than I have.." she had no idea what to say to that hahah it was super funny! Something really cool happened last night.. We were going to contact a Less active that we have never met and I have been trying to meet him for the last 3 months and he is never home. Well we stopped by last night and he was home! he invited us in and we got to know him a little better. He is from Hawaii but his family lives in Utah. He is 34 and has been LA for about 10 years. He said "how did you guys find me? Did my mom call you and tell you to come visit me?" we told him his records were in our ward. He said I was actually thinking about coming to church today but I didn't know what time it was at. He said that he knows the reason we found him was because his mom and family have been praying really hard for him to come back to church! Im so glad we went there!! I know that this is the lords work and we just need to follow the Spirit to know what he would have us do. I love being an instrument in the Lords hands :) I love being a missionary!! :) I hope you all have a great week! Love Sister Leifson :

No comments:

Post a Comment