Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Hello:):)

Hello :)
This week has been good, lots of mixed emotions! So I found out I was getting transferred so I said bye to everyone thinking I would never see them again on my mission. I was so sad to leave my two companions.. They were so much fun! On Monday we had a dinner with David and Bethany and then they took us to get ice cream after. Im going to miss them so much!! Then on Wednesday morning David took us on a tour of his radio station! it was so awesome :) So my new area Is called West Hills! And it is literally 5 minutes away from my last area. So Im still in the Knoxville North zone im just in a different district. The West Hills church was actually closer to my last apartment than the Farragut building was that I went to. Im so glad im so close to my last area! So on P day we all go to Farragut building and hang out so I will see my old district :) And now people from my old area can come get us and take us to dinner and stuff because im still so close :) Its great! Definitely an answer to my prayers! So my companion is Sister Roundy. She is from Provo and she has been out for almost a year. This month she hits her year mark and I will hit my half way mark :) She is so great! She has been in West Hills for 3 transfers so I might only be with her for this transfer. My new area is great. The work is slower than my last area, but that's about to change! We don't have very many investigators so we have been doing a lot of finding activities to find more people to teach! But this week we were able to teach 16 lessons and that is the most that Sister Roundy has gotten since she has been in this area so that was really exciting!! There is a place in my area called Bakertown and it is like super Ghetto. Its really poor and there is like a million little black kids that live there. When we pull up they all come running to hug us and ask us for food. Its really sad, but it reminds me of the Philippines :) We got to meet a new family this week while we were tracting. We told them we had a message about Jesus Christ and asked if we could share it and the husband said " im not the boss.. let me ask my wife" and she said we could come in and we taught them the restoration and gave them a BOM. They seemed really interested. Only problem is that they don't speak much English but that s alright! Im really excited to be in this area! Its going to be good! The ward is awesome here :) And my apartment is super nice haha :) Well that's about all for this week! I hope you all have a good week!
Your commitment for this week is to contact the missionaries in your ward/area and go out with them! We love going out with members :)
Love you all!
Love Sister Leifson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment