Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tennessee is Amazing



A Recent Convert John He really likes me.















Hey everyone! 
This week was great! It was so fun to call home :)Happy Birthday  Boston.  8 years old. I love you:)
 We had a really good week this week. We spent the first part of the week visiting people that sister brown wanted to say bye to before she left. our ward mission leader took us to outback steakhouse :) it was so good!! Wednesday we had our big transfer meeting and there were 11 new missionaries and they made me stand up with them and introduce myself in front of all the missionaries.. I didn't like that very much haha but sister brown got transferred to Nashville North Carolina. Recently they re arranged the boundaries and we took part of NC and Georgia. So there is a chance I could go to one of those places! We were on our way to a dinner appointment with a part member family and we had like 5 minutes to spare and we saw a yard sale so we thought that would be a good opportunity to introduce ourselves so we did! I started talking to the lady about our church and missionary work and it was so great :) I gave her a pamphlet to read and she told us to come back anytime. There were 4 people working at it. A couple Grace and Jack who are in their 80's and a couple Rita and Richard and they are like 40's. We ended up going yesterday to contact them again and they were so receptive!! We weren't sure if she would remember us and as we walked up to the door she saw us and opened the door before we even knocked and said "sisters! I was hoping you would come back" we taught her about the BOM and she was really interested :) Then we contacted a less active and found out his wife isn't a member and we set up an apt to come back and teach her and when we went we were worried they wouldn't be home but they were literally waiting by the door for us and had dinner made for us! They are so sweet! They invited us to come next Friday for dinner again! I love the people here they are so nice! some people definitely are not interested but once they trust you they will listen. I know for a fact that this is where im suppose to be.. I have been able to connect with so many people here. We are teaching a man named Travis and he recently just started chewing again, We took the elders there to help them with some service and I was able to talk to him a little bit and he started asking about my family and home life and we got on the subject of my dad dying and about my brothers and said "Sister Leifson you just made me want to quit chewing and drinking." it was so cool! Right now im teaching a Michelle, Travis, Jordan, and a grandpa Jack :)  Im really excited for this transfer.. me and sister sellers have already seen success in our area and im sure there will be more to come! im so grateful to be here and to be serving the Lord! Thanks for all the love and support!!
Love Sister Leifson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment