Tuesday, December 16, 2014

What a Spiritual Experience

Hey everyone! This week has been so awesome :) so first let me tell you about my new area... we are in downtown Knoxville so like the University of Tennessee is in our area that's really fun :) So downtown is pretty sketchy... there is lots of places that we are not allowed to go so the elders have to go there for us... The streets are super busy and its so scary to drive downtown I hate it haha but my driving skills are definitely improving :) So we were able to get 4 new investigators this week and we got 6 referrals which like never happens. We also taught 12 lessons :) The District leader said that the previous elders didn't teach more than 5 or 7 lessons per week when they were here so we were happy about teaching 12 our first week :) So one of the new investigators we got this week was Adam. he is 34 and single. He doesn't have any religious background so we are starting from the very beginning.. he doesn't have a testimony of Jesus Christ or Heavenly Father so we are starting really slow.. He is really good at keeping commitments tho.. We had to teach him at the church because we didn't have a team up and he came and did a church tour also the west hills ward did a nativity and he came to it! he got to meet lots of people and he really enjoyed it :) The other new investigator we got was Jen. She was a referral from a member that I really love in Pellissippi, Sister Stewart. She saw me and asked where I was serving and I told her Knox 1st ward and so she gave me the name of her cousin jen and told me to go see her. We went and quickly met her and set up a return apt, so when we went back we weren't sure if she was really going to be there and when we walked in she had made us cookies and juice and had everything all set up it was so cute!! We were able to have a really good lesson with her and her husband Walter :) So we have people from west hills that miss us so they just come and take us to lunch so Saturday an investigator Tabitha came and took us to eat then she gave us pajamas for Christmas :) she is so sweet!! Now for the best story of the week.... So on Wednesday we had a half mission conference and Dale G Renlund on the seventy was there and trained us. It was so cool to have him there and be able to learn from a general authority! Well when it was time for lunch everyone got up to go eat and it was just me and my comp and Sister Clark and her comp and we turned around and Elder Renlund was right there and he asked if we would fill out a paper for him and come talk with him! Oh my heck I was so scared! haha so the paper just asked questions about our mission and our family. So just us 4 got to go up one at a time and have a 5 minute interview with him! it was the most awesome experience ever!!! I felt very privileged to be one that he picked to talk with him :) That's about all for this week! i hope you have a good week :) Love Sister Leifson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment